St Joseph’s Hospital Family Medicine Residency now offers a one year fellowship in obstetrics and women’s healthcare. Our belief is that to best provide FULL SPECTRUM (cradle to grave) family medicine care, one must be confident and competent in the provision of advanced women’s health and obstetrical care. This is especially true if you want to care for the underserved. Our program is focused on working closely with our OB colleagues on Labor and Delivery. The ultimate goal is to train our fellows to be outstanding with all aspects of OB care including cesarean section certification (averaging over 200). Our program is recognized by the American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS). Fellows of this program are eligible to apply to sit for the written exam. Upon passing the written exam, candidates will be eligible for the oral exam. Successful completion helps to legitimize your skills with a second board certification from the ABPS. In addition to cesarean section training, you will develop your skills through a longitudinal experience in neonatal care, maternal fetal medicine, gynecology clinic, uro-gynecology as well as urgent care and inpatient medicine to help maintain your “family medicine skills”. We are also developing a point of care ultrasound training.
Applications should include your CV, Board Scores, 3 letters of recommendation and a residency completion certificate or letter of good standing if still in residency. Please contact Sutira Srakhao at 315-448-5537 or email@example.com for more information or to apply.
Salary & Benefits
2019 – 2020 Salary – $65,000
St. Joseph’s Health offers competitive benefits for its OB Fellow.
- Four weeks annual paid vacation per year — one-week blocks, Monday-Friday, with weekends on both sides
- Professional Liability Insurance: Fellows are covered by the hospital’s professional liability insurance while performing duties within the scope of their medical education.
- Comprehensive insurance package with three medical plan options, two dental plan options and two vision plan options. You’ll also enjoy a lower deductible, copay and coinsurance when you use St. Joseph’s or Trinity Health facilities and aligned providers. Plus, you will be eligible for basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance provided by Trinity Health and voluntary (colleague paid) options for supplemental life, supplemental AD&D and dependent life.
- CME stipend to cover expenses such as conferences, study materials, etc.
- Access to the SUNY Upstate gym and fitness center
- Professional Membership: AAFP Membership is provided